Silicones, and particularly the new generations of LSR (liquid silicone rubber), continue to conquer new application areas thanks to their excellent physical property patterns, offering great opportunity for growth. At the same time, however, they burden the processor with challenges when it comes to precision and process consistency in the injection molding process. But with a system partner who is up to the task, such as KraussMaffei, the Plug & Produce concept can be applied to this material as well.
- High-precision injection due to direct line of action
- Short cycle time thanks to precise temperature control
- Very good, repeatable closing behavior, adapted to the respective material
- Precise and gentle processing of silicones
- Without leaks
- For each requirement, the right range of peripherals
- Safe process all the way through the mold
- High heating capacity of up to 7 kW in the standard version
- Heating circuit monitoring
- Compensates for viscosity fluctuations
- Makes start-up with LSR and HTV easier thanks to special material database
- All functions of the SilcoSet technology are integrated
Durability and bacterial resistance are just two advantages of products made of LSR (Liquid Silicone Rubber).
In the new Pioneers!Talk, KraussMaffei and mold maker ACH Solution demonstrate how this demanding material can be processed easily and safely - using a reusable coffee cup lid as an example.
Every part a good part - sustainable coffee enjoyment with silicone
(Video Expert Talk of 10.02.2021)
Feb 10, 2021
The processing of LSR (Liquid Silicone Rubber) is challenging and calls for an injection molding process that is sophisticated down to the last detail. Find out more how to optimize your production in terms of precision, stability and transparency in our Webinar
Every part is a good part - Zero-defect production with SilcoSet and APC plus
(Video Expert Talk of 20.10.2020)